Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Not So Totally Orderly

Photo by Zion, MorgueFile Free Photos
Organizing projects I love: closets, kitchens, a massive pile of paper. Mudrooms are my favorite, and I've never met a playroom that didn't beckon.

Organizing projects I tolerate: garages, basements, sheds  - basically any space that provides safe shelter for  spiders.

Organizing projects that leave me stymied: meal planning, kids’ chores, time and task management. Actually, I don’t mind assisting a client with these challenges; I’m just not very good at them myself. I think I've tried a dozen different ways to consistently get dinner on the table, and I still find myself staring in the freezer at 5 PM.

It’s been ten years since I launched Totally Orderly, and this has become clear: I am not-so-totally-orderly. Oh, I’m orderly in lots of ways. My pantry is always ship shape. My papers are filed just so. But I definitely have my own organizing demons.

So welcome to Not So Totally Orderly – true confessions of a professional organizer who doesn't always see the simple solution. But I’ll search for that easy, good enough, done-but-not-perfect solution – not just because I know my clients will appreciate it, but because I need it, too! 

Tell me - in what ways are you not-so-totally-orderly?




No comments:

Post a Comment